Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Offline Installer for Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 SP2 Windows S...
Programs made of .NET Framework 4.6 will require your computer has .NET Framework 4.6 installed. Trying to install such software, you will be prompted to install it. Although you can install this .net Framework via Windows Update, it may prove to be more difficult and costly. Since when trying to update, the Windows updater will also try to install other updates which you may not want to.
So, one of the best ways to get Microsft .NET Framework 4.6 installed on your computer is by downloading and installing the offline installer manually.
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 is a highly compatible, in-place update to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2. The offline package can be used in situations where the web installer cannot be used due to lack of internet connectivity.
You can find this as Update for Microsoft Windows Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2 as (KB3045563) under Installed Updates in Control Panel.
Supported Operating SystemWindows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows Vista SP2 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8.1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64)
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- 1 GHz or faster processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 4.5 GB of available hard disk space (x86)
- 4.5 GB of available hard disk space (x64)
.NET Framework 4.6 featuresMicrosoft has released the newest version of Visual Studio, Visual Studio 2015 Preview, along with .NET Framework 4.6 and here are some of the key features:
- Changes in the Base Class Library
- Resizing in Windows Forms controls
- Support for code page encodings
- Open-source .NET Framework packages
- Improvements to event tracing
- .NET Native