Rooting your Infinix Hot 6 Pro is now pretty easy all thanks to Magisk, a systemless-ly root that is very popular now and has been tested ...
Rooting your Infinix Hot 6 Pro is now pretty easy all thanks to Magisk, a systemless-ly root that is very popular now and has been tested and proven to be one of the best rooting methods.
On this page, we will be discussing how to root Infinix Hot 6 Pro using Magisk Manager APK where the boot image will be patched and then flashed via fastboot.
What is rooting?
Some of the reasons why you may want to root your Infinix Hot 6 Pro
- To gain full control over your Infinix Hot 6 Pro
- In order to install Custom Roms & mod on the phone.
- Rooting can allow you to use some special app which requires certain system permissions only available after root
- Boost device CPU 1 GPU performance
- And just to list a few...
Rooting Infinix Hot 6 Pro
Before you proceed, not that rooting might brick your device. Your device's warranty get void after rooting.
- Download and install Magisk manager on your Infinix Hot 6 Pro
- Next, get the stock boot image file for your build from Hovatek using this link and send it to your device storage or SD Card.
- While connected to the internet, from your device launch Magisk manager and choose the option to install Magisk. From the installation options, select "Patch boot Image" option and navigate to where you copied the stock boot.img of your device.
- Allow Magisk manager to download Magisk Zip and use it to patch your stock boot.img.
- Once the boot image has been patched, it will be saved in a "Magisk folder" on your device as "patched_boot.img".
- To flash the modified boot image file, we will be using the fastboot method. You will first of all need to activate usb debugging on your device by going to settings >> About Phone >> build number then tap on it until you get the message "you are now a developer"
- Then head back to settings to find the Developer option. Under developer option, turn it on and activate OEM UNLOCK & USB DEBUGGING.
- Next, connect your device to the computer and allow the adb drivers to install.
- Next in your Computer, go to ADB Tool folder and copy patched_boot.img to this folder, then press hold SHIF then right-click and choose open a new command window here.
- Use the following codes to flash patched_boot.img
- adb devices [when you get connection authorization request, grant]
- adb reboot bootloader [boots your phone in fastboot or bootloader mode]
- fastboot devices [check device connection in fastboot mode]
- fastboot oem unlock [unlock bootloader]
- fastboot flashing unlock [unlock flashing from fastboot]
- fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img [flash modified boot image]
- fastboot reboot
- Once you are done executing the above commands, if all was done properly, your phone should now reboot with magisk installed and root access available.