Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Offline Installer for Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 SP2 Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows Server 2012.
Programs made of .NET Framework 4.5will require your computer has .NET Framework 4.5 installed. Trying to install such software, you will be prompted to install it. Although you can install this .net Framework via Windows Update, it may prove to be more difficult and costly.
So, one of the best ways to get Microsft .NET Framework 5.5.1 installed on your computer is by downloading and installing the offline installer manually.
Microsoft released the .NET Framework 4.5.1 and Visual Studio 2013 with Windows 8.1 and thus Windpws 10 comes with it already bundle into the system as well. If you have already installed Windows 8.1, .NET Framework 4.5.1 will come pre-installed with it.
So, if your computer is running on Windows 8.1 or 10, you should have in pre-installed. But should in case you are using a system where this .NET framework isn't installed like Windows 7, download it from the link below.
Supported Operating SystemWindows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- 1 GHz or faster processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 850 MB of available hard disk space (x86)
- 2 GB of available hard disk space (x64)
.NET Framework 4.5.1 features
- Performance and reliability improvements
- The ability to suspend and resume operations in the ASP.NET page framework
- The ability to compact large object heaps on-demand
- 64-bit Edit and Continue controls
- The ability to trace and sample activities
- Improvements that make SQL connections more resilient
- The ability to manage return values