Today we are going to show you how you can backup or download your desired Facebook information and save. Your saved Facebook account information can then be access from your computer offline, where you can obtain vital information should in case you forgot your password or your account gets hacked.
It is no doubt that Facebook is the number one World's social media where people share with their family and loved ones some great moments as well as other vital information.
Many people using Facebook from our experience usually neglect their login details and are at times forced to great a new account whenever they change their computer or smartphone. Also, your account can get hacked and you are unable to access it. As a consequence, they turn to lose their vital information like messages, photos, shared videos, posts, contact information and others.
Today we are going to show you how you can backup or download your desired Facebook information and save. Your saved Facebook account information can then be access from your computer offline while you still have access to your account and knows well your password, where you can obtain vital information should in case you forgot your password or your account gets hacked.
What Facebook information can I backup?
- Photos and videos
- Likes and reactions
- Friends, following and followers
- Profile information, messages, events and pages
- Your activity on the Market place, payment history, and Ads
- Apps and websites, your collections and saved items, places
- About you, search history, security login information,
Wow, how then do I do this?
- Log in to your Facebook account from the web browser and click the drop-down arrow at the top-right corner, then select "Settings". While in the settings page, select "Your Facebook account information", and click on "Download your information".
- Now, you will see all the available information you can download. You can choose to download all your information or select to download for a particular period, as well as choose the format to save it(HTML or JSON), and equally the quality of media files. Note that the higher the quality of media files, the larger your Facebook account details you will be downloading(This will also depend on the numbers you have).
- Once you have selected the desired backup period, format and media file quality, select what you will like to download from the list and hit the "Create file" button.
- Facebook will then start generating a downloadable zip backup for all your selected account information. Once it is ready, you will get a notification.
- To download the backup, click on "Available copies" and then click the "Download" button.
- Once the file is download, extract it and from the folder, you will find all your account information you downloaded. The folder will contain many other folders depending on what you choose while creating your backup. In each of them, you will find the HTML which you can open with your web browser(no connection is required).